With help from some admins we have finally made a policy!
It is as follows,
Here is the first draft of the policy:
This is a list of rules that all Apple Wiki users must follow.
Note: Some adopted from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia.
Contents[show]Social Rules/ User Policies
1. Do not attack other users personally. This includes but is not limited to: threatening the wiki and/or user(s), name calling (including, but not limited to idiot, jerk, stupid, retard, etc.), and derogatory statements.
2. Do not discriminate other users based on their religion, political affiliation, sexual preference, or anything else. It is strongly recommended that users do not discuss these things as these may cause distress.
3. Swearing is allowed as long as it is not directed at another user.
b. Any use of profanity directly toward other users will result in a consequence.
4. Do not correct other people's use of spelling and/or' grammar on discussion pages, message walls, or the forums unless it is in regards to spelling and/or grammar use in an article.
5. Vandalism is NEVER allowed on the Apple Wiki, this includes things as removing all the content off of a page, spamming, inserting irrelevant information, etc.
6. off-site links are for citation purposes only, and are not to be used for SEO or product promotion purposes. Such content will be removed and the submitting account banned.
This is a wiki that strives to provide complete, accurate, and quality information.
Do not use the words "We, I, you, etc." This creates confusion between users and the articles. Refer to everything in the third person.
Never speculate anything. If it is proven add a citation.
Do not create irrelevant information, this wiki is about Apple and it's products ONLY.
A person, place, or thing is relevant to Apple and it's products if it has appeared in shorts, films, games, merchandise, and things like that.
People, places, or things that are relevant but not sufficiently relevant enough for their own articles may be included in a list or some other related article.
Linking to non-existent articles about people, places, or things that aren't relevant will be treated the same way.
Definitive content includes all content that is defined as having relevance to merit their own articles. This includes, but is not limited to:
All books that are considered merchandise.
All members of the cast and crew that have built and/or have provided announced the respective product.
All Software (iOS, MacOS, OS X, etc...) and Hardware (iPhone's iPad's Macbook's, iMac's etc...)
Common objects with a sufficient amount of information (i.e. Airport, Time Capsule, etc...)
Definitive content which is not relevant to have their own articles includes but is not limited to:
Some very minor products with little information, such as only a single line or two.
Certain objects, especially those with little information, such as only a single line or two.
Fanon is never allowed on the Apple Wiki.
Minor actions are things like:
First offense on User Violations
Not following the manual of style, (Vandalization is not acceptable.)
Fanon Topics (First offense)
First Offense users
Major actions are things like:
Discriminatory language toward a user
Guidelines on Blocking
Minor offense guidelines:
Ban for 2 hours to 3 days
Ban for up to two (2) weeks
Ban for up to (1) one year
Major ban guidelines:
Ban for up to 6 months
If you have any suggestions to be added!