- March: The schematic of the Apple I is completed.
- April 1: The Apple Computer Company is founded by Steve Jobs, Ronald Wayne, and Steve Wozniak.
- April 11: Steve Wozniak reveals the Apple I kit computer to the Homebrew Computer Club.
- April 12: Ronald Wayne leaves Apple and sells back his share of the company for $800.
- May: Patty Jobs helps assemble Apple I circuit boards at the Jobs family home.
- July: The Apple I goes on sale for $666.66.
- August: Steve Wozniak prototypes the Apple II.