- January 3: Apple Computer is incorporated as Apple Computer, Inc., and the company moves its headquarters from Steve Jobs' parents' garage in Los Altos to an office in Cupertino, California. Mike Markkula invests $250,000 to help fund the Apple II in exchange for 1/3 of the company and becoming the chairman of the board.
- February: Michael Scott becomes the first president of Apple Computer.
- March 17: Chris Espinosa arrives to Apple Computer late from school and is assigned a badge as employee #8, even though he had been at Apple since he was 14. President Michael Scott is employee #7.
- April 16: The Apple II is revealed at the first West Coast Computer Faire in San Francisco.
- May: Michael Scott becomes the first CEO of Apple Computer.
- June: The Apple II is released.
- August: Wendell Sander joins Apple Computer as employee #16.
- November 14: Dick Huston joins Apple Computer as employee #25.
- November 28: Cliff Huston joins Apple Computer as employee #27.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.