- February: Eurapple is acquired by Apple Computer from Andre Sousan to become its first international sales division.
- February: Burrell Smith joins Apple Computer as employee #282.
- April 30: Joe Shelton joins Apple Computer as employee #345.
- May: The Apple II is discontinued.
- June: The Apple II plus is released.
- August 6: Andy Hertzfeld joins Apple Computer as employee #435.
- Jef Raskin starts a project at Apple Computer for a computer somewhat like the Apple Lisa but in a smaller form factor and working with a small amount of memory, therefore appropriate to have a price less than half of that of the Apple Lisa, codenamed "Macintosh".