- January 4: Xsan 1.0 begins shipping.
- January 11: At the keynote address of Macworld Conference & Expo San Francisco 2005, the first iPod shuffle is introduced. iLife '05 is also released, which includes GarageBand 2, iDVD 5, iMovie HD, iPhoto 5, and iTunes 4.7.1.
- January 22: The first Mac mini is released.
- February 23: The 2nd-generation iPod mini with capacity up to 6 GB is released.
- March 18: The Apple Store St. Johns Town Center is opened.
- April 29: Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger" is released.
- June 6-10: The 2005 Worldwide Developers Conference is held at the Moscone Center West Hall, where CEO Steve Jobs announced that Apple will transition Macs to Intel processors, starting in 2006.
- September 7: The first iPod nano and iTunes 5 are released at a special music event titled "It's Showtime".
- October 12: The iPod with video is announced.