- January 5-9: Apple participates in the Macworld Expo for the last time. Phil Schiller introduces iLife '09 and the 17-inch unibody MacBook Pro. Steve Jobs is on a six-month leave of absence until June to focus on his health.
- March 3: The 2nd-generation Time Capsule is released.
- March 11: The 3rd-generation iPod shuffle is released.
- April 23: The App Store reaches 1 billion downloads.
- June 8-12: The 2009 Worldwide Developers Conference is held at Moscone West. During the keynote event on the first day, announcements include Mac OS X 10.6 "Snow Leopard", iPhone OS 3, and the iPhone 3GS. The iPhone 3G is repriced to $99 with contract. The 13-inch unibody Macbook Pro is released.
- June 19: The iPhone 3GS is released.
- July 31-August 2: The 2009 Worldwide Newton Conference is held in Vancouver, Canada.
- August 28: Mac OS X 10.6 "Snow Leopard" is released.
- September 14: The 40 GB version of the 1st-generation Apple TV is discontinued.
- September 9: The 3rd-generation iPod touch is released along with the 5th-generation iPod nano and a thinner 160 GB 6th-generation iPod classic.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.