Apple Arcade is a video game subscription service by Apple for iOS, iPadOS, tvOS, and macOS devices. It was first announced during an special event on March 25, 2019, and launched on September 19, 2019. It is also available as part of Apple One.
- Supported on iPadOS, iOS, macOS, and tvOS.
- Users can carry over in-game progress between all devices linked to the same iCloud account. This means you can quit on a game on your iPhone and continue with your iPad.
- No ads, in-app purchases, always-on DRM, or data tracking.
- Up to six family members are allowed access through family sharing.
- Various game controllers are supported, such as the DualShock 4 and Xbox One controllers.
- Apple Arcade press release (en). Apple (2019-09-10).
- Apple Arcade is a game subscription service for iOS, Mac and Apple TV. (en) (2019-03-25).
- Apple Arcade will launch on Sept. 19 for $4.99 per month. Retrieved on 10 September 2019.
- Apple Event — September 15 by Apple, YouTube. 2020-09-15.
- Apple Arcade is a new game subscription for iOS, Mac, and Apple TV (March 25, 2019).
- Webster, Andrew (2019-03-26). Apple Arcade has game developers excited, but questions remain.