The Apple Company Store, also known as The Company Store and now known as Apple Infinite Loop, is Apple's retail location at the 1 Infinite Loop campus. It predates the 2001 founding the of the Apple retail store chain and is the only part of the campus that is open to visitors.
The Company Store was located just to the right of the main entrance of the former Apple headquarters. It was opened on March 13, 1993, soon after completion of construction of the campus. It originally sold only Apple-branded merchandise, collectibles, and related accessories. Apple employees could get a discount on items sold inside the store.
By May 2000, the Company Store was drastically redesigned to reflect the aesthetic tastes of Apple CEO Steve Jobs. In 2015, it was renovated to present a full retail experience and now also sells the Mac and iOS product lines. In 2017, its role in providing tourists with unique Apple merchandise was assumed by the nearby Apple Park Visitor Center.
- Before the spaceship: A look back at the previous campuses that Apple called home by Michael Steeber, 9to5Mac. 2017-11-13.
- Come Learn About Performas, The Family Macintosh, Apple Company Store. Archived 1997-07-15.
- The Company Store: MessagePad Center, Apple Company Store. Archived 1997-07-15.
- Apple’s new company store to sell devices for the first time, new collection of Apple branded merchandise, by Jordan Kahn, 9to5Mac. 2015-09-18.
- Apple Park: Normal people like you can now visit by Shara Tibken, C|NET. 2017-11-17.
- AppleDesigns, an early brand merchandising department at Apple Computer.
- Apple Infinite Loop at Apple
- The Company Store at MacRumors
- The Company Store at Apple Headquarters at Silicon Valley Guide
- Apple Company Store at Visit San Jose
- Apple Store: Apple Company Store at Wikipedia
- Apple Company Store – Cupertino by Christoph Dernbach at Mac History (2012-03-25)