- For the app, see Apple Developer (app).
Apple Developer, stylized as Developer, is a subscription-based developer program and website maintained by Apple Inc. to provide support to developers of its iOS, iPadOS, macOS, tvOS, and watchOS platforms. All development is carried out through Xcode.
The site was formerly known as Apple Developer World at the time of Apple Computer's acquisition of NeXT in 1996-1997. By 1999, it became Apple Developer Connection (ADC). It was shortened to Apple Developer for the 2010 Worldwide Developers Conference.
On November 18, 2019, Apple's WWDC app was replaced by the Apple Developer app and allowed users to enroll in the Apple Developer program from directly within the app. The 2020 conference will be held online for enrolled members at no additional charge. Members can gain online access to WWDC 2020 and videos of past conferences through the app, which supports iOS, iPadOS, macOS, and tvOS.
- WWDC10, Apple Developer. Archived 2010-06-11.
- Apple renames WWDC app to “Apple Developer”, adds new features by Guilherme Rambo, 9to5Mac. 2019-11-18.
- Apple to host virtual Worldwide Developers Conference beginning June 22, Apple Inc. 2020-05-07.
- Apple updates Developer app to add Mac support ahead of online-only WWDC by Taylor Lyles, The Verge. 2020-06-15.
- Apple Developer at Apple
- Apple Developer at the Apple App Store
- Apple Developer Connection at Apple (archived 1999-05-08, 2001-01-24, 2003-07-30, 2006-08-24, 2008-03-18)
- Apple Developer at Wikipedia