An Apple Fellow is a person who has been recognized by Apple Inc. for their extraordinary technical or leadership contributions to personal computing while at the company. Each Apple Fellow acts as a leader and a visionary, guiding the company in their particular area of expertise. Fellows are also awarded stock options in the company.
List of Apple Fellows
|Al Alcorn||1986||Development of digital video compression.|
|Bill Atkinson||1983||Software development of the Lisa and Macintosh 128K.|
|Steve Capps||1994||Development of the Finder, ResEdit, and Newton OS.|
|Rod Holt||2||Development of the Apple II power supply.|
|Guy Kawasaki||1995-06-29||Macintosh evangelism.|
|Alan Kay||1984||Development of object-oriented programming.|
|Don Norman||1993||User experience architect.|
|Rich Page||1983||Hardware development of the Lisa and Macintosh 128K.|
|Phil Schiller||2020-08-04||Product marketing.|
|Gursharan Sidhu||1993||Software development of AppleShare, LaserWriter, and AOCE.|
|Gary Starkweather||1988||Development of ColorSync and color management technology.|
|Steve Wozniak||1||Logic board design of the Apple I and II.|
- Hertzfeld, Andy. Credit Where Due,Folklore.org, January 1983. Retrieved May 26, 2006.
- Allan Alcorn, People Pill. Accessed 2020-08-09.
- Newton Hall of Fame by Douglas Luckie, Michigan State Palmtop User Group. Archived 1998-12-06.
- Kawakami, John. Apple Taps Guy Kawasaki For Apple Fellows Program, MacTech, September 1995. Retrieved May 26, 2006.
- Apple Taps Guy Kawasaki For Apple Fellows Program, Apple Computer. 1995-06-29. Archived 1999-02-03.
- Eisenhart, Mary. Fighting Back For Mac, MicroTimes, 1997. Retrieved May 26, 2006.
- Hertzfeld, Andy. Leave of Absence, Folklore.org, March 1984. Retrieved May 26, 2006.
- The Design of Everyday Things: Revised and Expanded Edition by Don Norman, Basic Books. 2013-11-05.
- Phil Schiller advances to Apple Fellow, Apple Inc. 2020-08-04.
- Apple's Scientists Leave as Cuts In R&D Take Toll on Research by Lee Gomes, The Wall Street Journal. 1997-03-31.
- Personal Computing in the 21st Century by Gary K. Starkweather, User Interface Software and Technology, Association for Computing Machinery. 2005-10-23.
- DEST (Distinguished Engineer, Scientist or Technologist)
- An introduction to every Apple Fellow in company history by Luke Dormehl at Cult of Mac (2020-08-05)
- Phil Schiller received the title of Apple Fellow. Who are the other members of this exclusive club? by Peter at GearCoupon (2020-08-09)