An Apple Fellow is a person who has been recognized by Apple Inc. for their extraordinary technical or leadership contributions to personal computing while at the company. Each Apple Fellow acts as a leader and a visionary, guiding the company in their particular area of expertise. Fellows are also awarded stock options in the company.
List of Apple Fellows
The Apple Fellowship has been awarded to select few individuals, including:
|Al Alcorn||1986||Development of digital video compression.|
|Bill Atkinson||1983||Software development of the Lisa and Macintosh 128K.|
|Steve Capps||1994||Development of the Finder, ResEdit, and Newton OS.|
|Rod Holt||2||Development of the Apple II power supply.|
|Guy Kawasaki||1995||Macintosh evangelism.|
|Alan Kay||1984||Development of object-oriented programming.|
|Don Norman||1993||User experience architect.|
|Rich Page||1983||Hardware development of the Lisa and Macintosh 128K.|
|Phil Schiller||2020||Product marketing.|
|Gursharan Sidhu||1993||Software development of AppleShare, LaserWriter, and AOCE.|
|Gary Starkweather||1988||Development of ColorSync and color management technology.|
|Steve Wozniak||1||Logic board design of the Apple I and II.|
- Hertzfeld, Andy. Credit Where Due,Folklore.org, January 1983. Retrieved May 26, 2006.
- Allan Alcorn, People Pill. Accessed 2020-08-09.
- Newton Hall of Fame by Douglas Luckie, Michigan State Palmtop User Group. Archived 1998-12-06.
- Eisenhart, Mary. Fighting Back For Mac, MicroTimes, 1997. Retrieved May 26, 2006.
- Kawakami, John. Apple Taps Guy Kawasaki For Apple Fellows Program, MacTech, September 1995. Retrieved May 26, 2006.
- Hertzfeld, Andy. Leave of Absence, Folklore.org, March 1984. Retrieved May 26, 2006.
- The Design of Everyday Things: Revised and Expanded Edition by Don Norman, Basic Books. 2013-11-05.
- Phil Schiller advances to Apple Fellow, Apple Inc. 2020-08-04.
- Apple's Scientists Leave as Cuts In R&D Take Toll on Research by Lee Gomes, The Wall Street Journal. 1997-03-31.
- Personal Computing in the 21st Century by Gary K. Starkweather, User Interface Software and Technology, Association for Computing Machinery. 2005-10-23.
- An introduction to every Apple Fellow in company history by Luke Dormehl at Cult of Mac (2020-08-05)
- Phil Schiller received the title of Apple Fellow. Who are the other members of this exclusive club? by Peter at GearCoupon (2020-08-09)