Users can select music to stream to their device on-demand, or they can listen to curated playlists. The service also includes access to the Internet radio station Apple Music 1, Apple Music Hits, and Apple Music Country, which broadcasts live to over two hundred countries 24 hours a day. The service was announced on June 8, 2015 and launched on June 30 later that year. As of June 2019, Apple Music has sixty million subscribers around the world.
- Voice — US$ 4.99 per month (no support for lossless audio, spatial audio, and 3rd-party devices)
- Student — US$ 4.99 per month
- Individual — US$ 9.99 per month
- Family — US$ 14.99 per month (up to 6 users)
- Apple Music announces Spatial Audio with Dolby Atmos; will bring Lossless Audio to entire catalog, Apple Inc. 2021-05-17.
- Apple introduces the Apple Music Voice Plan, Apple Inc. 2021-10-18.