The Apple Watch Series 6 is the 6th generation of smartwatches of the Apple Watch lineup that was announced by Apple in a special event on September 15, 2020 and released on September 18, succeeding the Apple Watch Series 5.
Watch bodies are available in aluminum, stainless steel, or titanium. Finishes are available in silver, space gray, gold (aluminum and stainless steel only), blue (aluminum only, and (PRODUCT)RED (aluminum only). watchOS 7 includes new watch faces. New single-piece wristbands called Solo Loop were also introduced.
Series 6 runs watchOS 7, which was introduced at the 2020 Worldwide Developers Conference. Anticipated features include blood oxygen detection and pairing of a second watch for a child to use in which LTE-based GPS tracking is supported.
- Leaker Jon Prosser: Apple Watch and iPad Launching in September, iPhone 12 Event to Take Place in October by Juli Clover, MacRumors. 2020-08-12.
- Apple Event — September 15 by Apple, YouTube. 2020-09-15.
- Apple Watch Series 6 rumor round-up by James Stables, Wareable. 2020-06-01.
- Everything we know so far about Apple Watch Series 6 and Apple’s rumored Series 3 replacement by Chance Miller, 9to5Mac. 2020-09-06.
- Apple Watch Series 6 at 9to5Mac
- Inside Apple Watch Series 6 at AppleInsider
- All the Apple Watch Series 6 rumors (and some clues hidden in the WatchOS 7 update) by Vanessa Hand Orellana at C|NET (2020-07-01)
|Apple Watch (original) · Series 1 · Series 2 · Series 3 · Series 4 · Series 5 · SE · Series 6|
|Apple Watch Edition | Apple Watch Hermes | Apple Watch Nike+ | Apple Watch Sport|
|Apple Watch bands and cases · faces | watchOS: 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8|