The Apple Wiki is growing through many contributions, but there is still vast potential for new articles as well as existing pages that need editing. Are any of you owners of any particular iPhone, iPod or Mac model? Perhaps a rare Apple accessory? If so, write about them! Facts do need to be verifiable through outside sources. However, the comments section is open to feedback about what you like, dislike, admire, use, don't use, can't stand, what you use them for, etc. While all contributions are subject to further edits to that article, the content that you do add can help others make the article that much better. To get started, check out Special:Wantedpages.
I've noticed that the pages for the iPods make it show up as "IPod". Please fix this problem by enabling lower-case letters at the beginning of a page's title.--Nelson340 20:07, 15 Jun 2005 (UTC)
Done. Special re-formatting template in place for titles. -- Hawke / Rtufo 23:29, 21 December 2006 (UTC)
Is there any specific format for articles? --lcarsdata 14:49, 9 Jul 2005 (UTC)
- Some degree of format does exist. We put into place several templates and styles to help make articles a bit more modular and expected in their presentation. If you're making an article about an accessory, for example, check out some other accessories to see how the formatting goes. For advice and modding, it's a bit more wide open, but we'd prefer if external links (those links that lead off-site) be referenced in a differentiated section called Resources or External Links.
- In any case, even if you don't get the format "correct", someone from the staff will be through to clean it up and formalize it. While your exact wording may or may not change, you can be assured that you probably made a difference and your insight is valued. -- Hawke / Rtufo 23:29, 21 December 2006 (UTC)
You might have noticed a new feature called Wikia Spotlight above the ads. We are featuring eight wikis here to see whether this is useful in bringing in new users. The iPod Wikia is one of the first ones to be shown in this feature, and I'd appreciate your feedback at Wikia:Forum:Wikia Spotlight about whether you think this is useful, and whether it has brought any new users to your wiki. The eight wikis we're trying this with first are World Wikia, Marvel Universe, Halopedia, Cell Phone Enthusiasts, iPod, PokerWiki, The Film Guide, and RuneScapeWiki. Angela (talk) 14:01, 3 September 2006 (UTC)
- I just came from halopedia ;) --Mike 16:17, 18 September 2006 (UTC)
What advantage does this Wikia have over the iPod articles on Wikipedia? Duplication of effort is never a good thing.
- I'm not sure who started this Wiki, or what their purposes/motivations were, but I "signed on" to this because I am extremely familiar with the subject and noticed that this was in need of a hand. I do see the benefits of a "smaller", more focused Wiki like this, wherein the information can be much more exhaustive in detail, can be a bit more "familiar", and articles can be structured and categorized to suit the Wiki itself, not the standards and categories of the larger, more general Wikipedia. The same question can be asked of such topics as Star Wars (with the offshoot-Wiki Wookieepedia) and Star Trek (off to Memory Alpha). -- Hawke / Rtufo 21:30, 2 October 2006 (UTC)
In the coming days, I'll be putting links in strategic articles (under External Links or Additional Resources) on Wikipedia pointing to our efforts here. This is where it's at! We can get much more detail and quasi-professional insight here, and also present the material in a much more dynamic arrangement, than what Wikipedia affords. -- Hawke / Rtufo 23:29, 21 December 2006 (UTC)
- That's great! Would you be interested in starting a new iPod wiki in Italian? Do you think there are enough people who would want to edit it? We have one in Finnish but it hasn't been very active yet. Angela talk 17:59, 16 December 2006 (UTC)
- It's always good to see expansion and contribution, but I don't think the page was implemented right. Angela, how do we implement alternate-language articles (or subsites)? -- Hawke / Rtufo 23:16, 21 December 2006 (UTC)
- I'm processing the request now. I think it.ipod will be created very soon. --Zuirdj 22:13, 24 January 2007 (UTC)
This is some interesting wiki you got here. I never quite seen anything like it. Just one example, the recent changes is alot different from what i'm used to. NANO! 00:36, 30 January 2007 (UTC)
- We've recently made "enhanced" recent changes the default. If you prefer the old version, you can choose that in your Special:Preferences. Angela talk 00:44, 30 January 2007 (UTC)
- Okay thanks! NANO! 00:24, 31 January 2007 (UTC)
Vandal in it.ipod
- Wikia has a shared user database, so the list of users aren't all people on the Italian iPod wiki. See Special:Activeusers for a more useful list showing only people who have edited the wiki. Angela talk 01:21, 22 February 2007 (UTC)
Difference between the "old" iPod and the iPod classic
Starting from the 6th generation iPod, Jobs has added the suffix "classic" on the classical iPod. Right now, there is no article for iPod classic, and iPod now stands for the general information about all iPods (see reference). -- Alastor Moody (T + C) 06:21, 14 October 2007 (UTC)
COME ON PEOPLE!
come on people. this wiki totally needs some mods and people who will actually devote their time to this wiki to expand it. i mean, come on! this is the APPLE wiki people. steve jobs just passed away. lets give that great man some respect people! and he would love to have us expand this. nobody's ever on this thing. lets go, people, lets show some respect to steve.LETS DO THIS!!!
- True.Zachvega 18:47, November 26, 2011 (UTC)
Same wiki in other languages
Hello, There's a wiki with the same topic, in Chinese. zh.apple.wikia.com Please make a connection between these 2 wikis and let them sync information. Thanks. 13:45, September 23, 2014 (UTC)
I find it hard to navigate this wiki... don't know why. A fix would be nice...
Also, Admins, i suggest you put a 'tips and tricks' tab next to the software tab:
On the wiki | Community | Hardware | Software | Tips and Tricks \/
- IOS tricks
- OS X tricks
- Trouble Shooting
This place is messy. (no offense.)
- use transparency for the wiki name image. (can make 4 u)
- Better wiki navigation bar links @ top (refer above)
- UPDATED PAGES. WE NEED TO KEEP UP WITH APPLE HERE! COME ON!
- Cool CSS coding would be nice for the pages. (please dont make cheesy or messy) Try this: search "css frosted glass"
- Better Quality Images, including resolution and method of photography
- Grab some images here or within OS X. I can help with that.