Apple in California
The state contains several of the most populous U.S. cities, such as Los Angeles, San Francisco, and San Jose, where Apple has held release events. Apple's annual Worldwide Developers Conference is typically held in Northern California and/or broadcast from or near its headquarters in Cupertino. As of 2020, there are 53 Apple retail stores in California, more than any other U.S. state, or country.
- California Takes Population Lead, The New York Times. 1964-08-31. Archived 2018-08-19.
- Tom Warrick. "AppleWorld '87—A Special Report: Part I", Washington Apple Pi, April 1987, p. 54.
- Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference Moved to June 23-27 at Moscone in San Francisco, Apple Computer. 2003-03-21.
- Apple to host virtual Worldwide Developers Conference beginning June 22, Apple Inc. 2020-05-07.
- Apple Retail Stores, United States, Apple Inc. Accessed 2020-05-11.
- Apple commits $2.5 billion to combat housing crisis in California, Apple Inc. 2019-11-04.