Daniel John "Dan" Riccio, Jr. (born c. 1963) is a vice president of engineering at Apple Inc. He was previously the Senior Vice President of Hardware Engineering, but he stepped down from the role in January 2021 to oversee unspecified AR and VR projects at Apple.
In April 2010, Riccio became vice president of the iPad division. In August 2012, he became Senior Vice President of Hardware Engineering upon the retirement of Bob Mansfield. His responsibilities included the engineering teams for the AirPods, Apple TV, Apple Watch, HomePod, iPad, iPhone, and Mac product lines.
On January 25, 2021, Riccio began transitioning to a new undisclosed project and was succeeded as senior VP by John Ternus. Riccio continues to report directly to CEO Tim Cook, and reportedly took over the development of augmented reality and virtual reality headsets which had previously stalled.
- Apple's Dan Riccio transitions to special project, John Ternus now SVP of Hardware Engineering, AppleInsider. 2021-01-25.
- Apple engineering SVP Dan Riccio transitioning to oversee ‘new project,’ John Ternus takes lead of hardware team by Parker Ortolani, 9to5Mac. 2021-01-25.
- Dan Riccio, LinkedIn. Accessed 2021-05-14.
- Who Is Dan Riccio? Apple Transitions Hardware Leadership Role From Bob Mansfield by Dave Smith, International Business Times. 2012-06-29.
- Apple Inc. (2012-06-28). Bob Mansfield, Apple's Senior Vice President of Hardware Engineering, to Retire. Archived from the original on 2012-06-30.
- Craig Federighi, Apple’s Vice President of Mac Software Engineering & Dan Riccio, Apple’s Vice President of Hardware Engineering Join Apple’s Executive Team as Senior Vice Presidents, Apple Inc. 2012-08-27.
- Dan Riccio begins a new chapter at Apple, Apple Inc. 2021-01-25.
- Apple’s Dan Riccio Shifts From Hardware Chief to AR, VR Headsets by Mark Gurman, Bloomberg. 2021-02-08.
- Riccios intensify support for ALS, neuroscience research at UMMS, University of Massachusetts Chan Medical School Office of Advancement. 2017-10.
- UMass alumni Dan and Diane Riccio pledge $15 million to advance ALS, neuroscience research, University of Massachusetts Chan Medical School. 2022-02-03.
- Dan Riccio at Apple (archived 2021-03-25, 2012-08-29)
- Dan Riccio at AppleInsider
- Dan Riccio at MacRumors
- Dan Riccio and Daniel J. Riccio at Justia Patents
- Daniel J. Riccio at PatentGuru
- Daniel J. Riccio at Wallmine
- Dan Riccio at Wikipedia
- Riccio Speaks to Students About Leadership at the University of Massachusetts Amherst (2015-01)