The HomePod needs to be connected to a power outlet and connected to a device for it to work, and functions much like Google's Home line of smart home devices. HomePod uses Siri, a voice assistant found in most Apple products. The outer casing is lines with mesh felt designed to for aesthetics and acoustic performance. This comes in Space grey and white.
The device has 7 built-in speakers, and one subwoofer with a custom amplifier. It also has 6 microphones to detect far-away voices. The device also comes with 16GB of storage and a equal amount of RAM. It uses Apple's A8 chip.On the top is a touchscreen interface with a halo-like Siri glow.
The HomePod had 2 major competitors; the Echo lineup of Amazon and the Home lineup from Google. Samsung has also made the Galaxy Home, but it didn't get a lot of sales. So far, the Echo lineup has the most sales.
- Dimensions: 6.8 inches high (172 mm), 5.6 inches wide (142 mm)
- Weight: 5.5 pounds (2.5 kg)
- Color: Space gray, white
- High-excursion woofer with custom amplifier
- Array of seven horn-loaded tweeters, each with its own custom amplifier
- Six-microphone array for far-field Siri
- Internal low-frequency calibration microphone for automatic bass correction
- Direct and ambient audio beamforming
- Transparent studio-level dynamic processing