US$799 (32 GB Wi-Fi Only)
November 11, 2015
9.7 inch retina LCD display, Apple Pencil and Smart Keyboard compatibility,
2732 x 2048 px
Space Gray, Silver, Gold, (9.7-inch) Rose Gold
305.7mm (12.04 in) (height)
Wi-Fi: 713 g (1.572 lbs)
The iPad Pro is a series of tablet computers from Apple Inc. First released on November 11, 2015, it was confirmed by Apple on October 9, 2015 and superseded the iPad Air 2 as the high end of the iPad line. It has since become its own product line, and was succeeded by several updates, including a fourth generation model on March 18, 2020.
- A powered magnetic Smart Connector to connect with the Smart Keyboard and other smart connector accessories.
- 9.7" iPad Pro comes with camera flash.
- The wireless Apple Pencil stylus facilitates creation of digital art.
- The announcement of the iPad Pro took place on the same date the iPad mini 4 was released.
- The high end iPad Pro models feature the largest screens of all iPad models.
- According to Wikipedia, the iPad Pro is its own series instead of being part of the iPad series.
- This is the first iPad to have a powered magnetic connection called the Smart Connector for attachable keyboards, such as the Smart Keyboard, and other accessories.
- In the YouTube video "Angry Grandpa destroys iPad Pro", a first generation iPad Pro battery releases smoke when destroyed with a hammer. This has not necessarily been duplicated in other instances where iPads have been destroyed.