The 2018 models feature new edge-to-edge Liquid Retina displays, Face ID, improved 12MP and 7MP cameras, USB-C connector, and Apple A12X Bionic processors. The tablets are offered in 11-inch and 12.9-inch sizes, and are the first iPad models to offer tap-to-wake LCD displays (following the iPhone X), and up to 1 TB of internal storage (1 TB = 1 trillion bytes). The 1 TB models were also unique as they increased the base amount of RAM from 4 GB to 6 GB. These devices are the first iPads to feature a USB-C connector, replacing Apple's proprietary Lightning connector, and also the first iPads lacking a physical button on the front. Additionally, the tablets lack both Touch ID and a headphone jack, the former having been superseded by Face ID using a sensor array on the top bezel. Unlike iPhone models featuring Face ID, the iPad Pro can unlock in any orientation. The tablets were released on November 7, 2018 and are only available in silver and space gray. It is notably the thinnest iPad ever with a thickness of 5.9 mm.
- "Highlights from Apple's keynote event", Apple Newsroom. Retrieved on 2018-10-31. (in en-US)
- "New iPad Pro with all-screen design Is most advanced, powerful iPad ever", Apple Newsroom. Retrieved on 2018-10-31. (in en-US)
- Smith, Chris (November 3, 2017). Every new iPhone X gesture you need to learn. BGR. Penske Media Corporation. Archived from the original on December 5, 2017. Retrieved on March 18, 2019.
- Broussard, Mitchel (October 30, 2018). 2018 iPad Pro With 1TB Storage Has 6GB RAM, Lower Capacities Have 4GB. MacRumors. Retrieved on April 11, 2021. “Using Xcode, developer Steve Troughton-Smith has discovered that the 11-inch and 12.9-inch iPad Pro models with 1TB of storage have 6GB of RAM, compared to 4GB for previous generation iPad Pros.”
- Welch, Chris (September 11, 2019). Apple’s 1TB iPad Pro just got $200 cheaper. Vox Media. Retrieved on April 11, 2021. “The 1TB iPad Pro is the only iPad with 6GB of RAM; other 2018 iPad Pros have 4GB.”
- iPad Pro - Technical Specifications (en-US). Retrieved on 2018-10-31.
- Marques Brownlee (2018-10-30). 2019 iPad Pro Impressions: Incredibly Thin!. Retrieved on 2018-10-31.
- iPad Pro at Apple (archived 2018-11-08)
- iPad Pro 3rd generation at the iPad Wiki
- iPad Pro (3rd generation) at Wikipedia