The iPhone 8 Plus is a smartphone that was announced alongside the iPhone 8 and iPhone X on September 12, 2017 and were released on September 22. It serves as the successor to the iPhone 7 Plus and predecessor to the iPhone XS Max.
The iPhone 8 Plus includes a faster Apple A11 Bionic processor, a glass body that is water and dust-resistant and supports wireless charging, louder speakers, a new Retina HD display with True Tone technology, dual 12-megapixel wide and telephoto cameras with more advanced sensors and new color filter with optical image stabilization, and an exclusive "Portrait Mode" lighting system, previously featured on the iPhone 7 Plus. It initially came with iOS 11 pre-installed.
- EarPods with Lightning connector
- USB charger
- Lightning to USB cord
- Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter
- SIM removal tool (not included with every unit)
- The iPhone 8, 8 Plus, and X were the first iPhone models to feature a glass back since the iPhone 4S, though the new purpose is to enable inductive charging with Qi-compatible wireless chargers.
- The Silver and Gold iPhone 8 and 8 Plus were the last iPhone models to have a white front, with all succeeding iPhones, including the 2nd-generation iPhone SE, having black fronts regardless of the color of their back side.