When you see this screen, plug your iPod into a wall outlet so that the iPod does not lose power in the process and corrupt the data.
When started, it will show the above animation for at least twenty minutes. When done, it will show one of the below icons.
- This icon appears if your iPod's hard disk has no errors.
- This icon appears if the disk scan encountered errors that it could repair, and recovered some or all of them.
- This icon appears if the disk scan has encountered an error and needs to stop. The disk scan will restart on the next reset.
- This icon appears if you manually interupt the Disk scan, which will restart on the next reset of the iPod.
- This icon appears if your iPod has a serious error with the hard drive. If this appears, you may have a serious hardware issue.
- Disk Scan Icon appears when iPod is turned on, Apple Support. 2014-03-28.