Drance received her bachelor's degree in business administration from the University of Michigan Business School and her MBA from the Haas School of Business at the University of California, Berkeley.
Drance joined Arthur Andersen in August 1999 as a corporate recovery consultant. She then joined Calico Commerce as an education consultant in February 2000. In May 2003, Drance joined Good Technology, where she served as a marketing engineer and product manager.
Drance joined Apple in July 2008 as a product manager of iPod and iPhone marketing, and became a director of the marketing department in October 2014. She rose to become a VP of worldwide marketing in October 2019.
Drance is the daughter of Dr. James Tsung-wu Han and was raised in Rockville, Maryland. She now resides in California and is married to Matt Drance, a former Apple employee. She is known for donating to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.
- Apple's Kaiann Drance talks iPhone 12 and launch day in new interview by Joe Wituscheck, iMore. 2020-10-22.
- Kaiann Drance, LinkedIn. Accessed 2020-05-13.
- James Tsung-wu Han, The Washington Post. 2017-06-21.
- Matt & Kaiann Drance by Steven Tamm, Flickr. 2007-10-06.
- 对苹果的发布会上的主持人驼背大妈感兴趣 by 佐拉, Twitter. 2020-10-14.
- Kaiann Han Drance who grew up in Rockville, MD but now lives in California by Team Milman et al., Facebook.2014-03-31.