The first developer beta was released on January 27, 2022. Among the intended feature updates are revisions to Apple Pay. This is also the first public build in which Universal Control has been implemented. However, support for the Python 2.7 programming language is dropped in favor of support for Python 3. The second beta was released on February 8 to address Bluetooth-related battery drain on MacBooks. The third beta was released on February 15 with refinements to Universal Control options. The fourth and fifth betas were released on February 22 and March 1, 2022, respectively. A release candidate became available to beta testers on March 8, 2022.
Some users have reported that updating to macOS 12.3 will brick Macs with Secure Enclave that have had their logic boards replaced. It is possible to revive such a Mac in DFU mode, but it requires access to a second Mac to perform.
- macOS 12.3 (21E230) Apple Developer. 2022-03-14.
- macOS 12.3 beta (21E5196i), Apple Developer. 2022-01-27.
- Apple Seeds First Beta of macOS Monterey 12.3 to Developers by Juli Clover, MacRumors. 2022-01-27.
- iPadOS 15.4 and macOS Monterey 12.3 Betas Add Universal Control by Juli Clover, MacRumors. 2022-01-27.
- macOS 12.3 beta 2 (21E5206e), Apple Developer. 2022-02-08.
- macOS 12.3 beta 2 addresses Bluetooth-related battery drain on MacBooks by Filipe Espósito, 9to5Mac. 2022-02-08.
- macOS 12.3 beta 3 (21E5212f), Apple Developer. 2022-02-15.
- Apple releases macOS 12.3 beta 4 to developers as Universal Control launch nears by Michael Potuck, 9to5Mac. 2022-02-22.
- macOS 12.3 beta 5 (21E5227a), Apple Developer. 2022-03-01.
- macOS 12.3 RC (21E230), Apple Developer. 2022-03-08.
- macOS Monterey 12.3 reportedly bricking Macs with replacement logic boards by Mike Peterson, AppleInsider. 2022-03-17.