This system release brought some major new features to the Mac OS X platform:
- Performance enhancements everywhere in the system
- Easier CD and DVD burning right from the Finder
- DVD player support
- More printer support (200 printers supported out of the box)
- Faster 3D (OpenGL 20% faster)
- Mac OS X 10.1.0 (build 5G64), released September 25, 2001
- Mac OS X 10.1.1 (build 5M28), released November 13, 2001
- Mac OS X 10.1.2 (build 5P48), released December 20, 2001
- Mac OS X 10.1.3 (build 5Q45), released February 19, 2002
- Mac OS X 10.1.4 (build 5Q125), released April 17, 2002
- Mac OS X 10.1.5 (build 5S60), released June 6, 2002
- Seybold SF 2001, All about Steve Jobs. 2001-09-25.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.