- This article describes the build of Mac OS X 10.2.8 for all Macs running Mac OS X 10.2 "Jaguar" except for the Power Mac G5. For the G5 version, see Mac OS X 10.2.8 (G5).
Build 6R73 of Mac OS X 10.2.8, released by Apple Computer on October 3, 2003, is the eighth update to Mac OS X 10.2 "Jaguar". However, it is not compatible with the Power Mac G5, which requires build 6S90.
- Windows on external displays connected to some PowerBook computers are drawn better.
- The Bluetooth menu bar item works better when a Bluetooth USB adapter is disconnected and reconnected.
- Addresses a situation in which an external FireWire storage device would not become available (mount) and this message would appear: "A disk attempting to mount as 'unknown' has failed. Please use Disk Utility to check the disk."
- Addresses an issue in which some Bluetooth devices may not be available after the computer wakes from sleep.
- Addresses an issue in which some Bluetooth keyboards may show a delayed response when you press a key after the computer wakes from sleep.
- Addresses an issue in which some iBook computers could make a clicking sound when using Mac OS X 10.2.5 or 10.2.6.
- Reduces a potential delay when removing some devices from the Bluetooth pairing list.
- Addresses a potential issue in which an audio application can unexpectedly quit when a USB or FireWire-based audio device is disconnected.
- Bluetooth preferences correctly displays the Bluetooth menu bar item's status if the item was enabled elsewhere.
- Includes several enhancements for Safari.
- Includes support for USB 2.0 devices, including PCI and PC Cards for computers that do not include USB 2.0 hardware.
- Includes several security enhancements. For detailed information, see Apple Security Updates.
- Includes an updated Ethernet driver for 450 MHz and 500 MHz dual processor Power Mac G4 desktop computers.
- Updates the battery status menu for portable computers.
- A 40 MB incremental update for Mac OS X 10.2.6 or 10.2.7.
- A 97 MB "combo" update for all versions of Mac OS X 10.2.x.
- About the Mac OS X 10.2.8 Update (Combo), Apple Inc. 2008-08-05. Archived 2008-10-06.