* This article describes the version of Mac OS X 10.2.8 intended for use on all Macs running Mac OS X except for the Power Macintosh G5. For the G5 version, see Mac OS X 10.2.8.
Warning: This build of Mac OS X 10.2.8 is not compatible with the Power Macintosh G5.
- Windows on external displays connected to some PowerBook computers are drawn better.
- The Bluetooth menu bar item works better when a Bluetooth USB adapter is disconnected and reconnected.
- Addresses a situation in which an external FireWire storage device would not become available (mount) and this message would appear: "A disk attempting to mount as 'unknown' has failed. Please use Disk Utility to check the disk."
- Addresses an issue in which some Bluetooth devices may not be available after the computer wakes from sleep.
- Addresses an issue in which some Bluetooth keyboards may show a delayed response when you press a key after the computer wakes from sleep.
- Addresses an issue in which some iBook computers could make a clicking sound when using Mac OS X 10.2.5 or 10.2.6.
- Reduces a potential delay when removing some devices from the Bluetooth pairing list.
- Addresses a potential issue in which an audio application can unexpectedly quit when a USB- or FireWire-based audio device is disconnected.
- Bluetooth preferences correctly displays the Bluetooth menu bar item's status if the item was enabled elsewhere.
- Includes several enhancements for Safari.
- Includes support for USB 2.0 devices, including PCI and PC cards for computers that do not include USB 2.0 hardware.
- Includes several security enhancements. For detailed information, see Apple Security Updates.
- Includes an updated Ethernet driver for 450 MHz and 500 MHz dual processor Power Mac G4 desktop computers.
- Updates the battery status menu for portable computers.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.