Mac OS X 10.11.6 was an update to Mac OS X 10.11 released on July 18, 2016.
- Resolves an issue that may prevent settings from being saved in accounts with parental controls enabled.
- Resolves an issue that prevented some network devices, such as speakers and multifunction printers, from accessing SMB share points.
- Improves startup time when connecting to a NetBoot server.
- Resolves an issue that may prevent startup from a NetBoot image created with an OS X v10.11.4 or OS X v10.11.5 installer.
- Resolves an issue that may cause Active Directory authentication to take longer than expected.
See Apple Security Updates for detailed information about the security content of this update.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.