Schiller first joined at Apple Computer as a product marketing manager in 1987. By 1988, he was known as the "Techno Rambo" of the Business Multimedia Group, presenting demonstrations built with HyperCard and VideoWorks. In 1993, he became the director of product marketing at FirePower Systems. In 1995, he joined Macromedia, where he became the VP of product marketing.
Return to Apple
In April 1997, Schiller rejoined Apple after Steve Jobs had returned to the company. Schiller succeeded Mitch Mandich, who retired as Apple Computer's head of marketing at the end of December 2000. In December 2015, Schiller took over management of Apple's App Store. On August 4, 2020, Schiller was designated as an Apple Fellow; his duties as senior VP of worldwide marketing were taken over by Greg Joswiak while Schiller continues to lead the App Store and Apple Special Events.
- Philip W. Schiller, Apple Computer. Archived 2002-02-14.
- Phil Schiller, 9to5Mac. 2019-11-13.
- Inside Phil Schiller, AppleInsider. 2020-07-05.
- Phil Schiller, MacRumors. 2019-12-16.
- Apple Announces Mandich’s Retirement, Apple Computer. 2000-10-09.
- Apple names Jeff Williams new chief operating officer, places Phil Schiller in charge of App Store, AppleInsider. 2015-12-17.
- Phil Schiller advances to Apple Fellow, Apple Inc. 2020-08-04.