Rhapsody was released in Developer Previews, and was designed around the concept of "boxes" -- a "blue" box to emulate the classic Mac OS, and a portable "yellow" box based on OpenStep (with an embedded Java Virtual Machine), runnable on PowerPC and Intel hardware, under Rhapsody, Windows NT and Linux, and a "red' box to emulate Windows which was never actively developed.
- Cocoa and the Death of Yellow Box and Rhapsody by Daniel Eran Dilger at Roughly Drafted
- Red Box, Blue Box, Yellow Box by Daniel Knight at Low End Mac (archived 1997-09-17)
- Rhapsody at Michigan State University Multimedia Interest Group (archived 1999-10-07)
- Rhapsody Developer Release 1 and 2 at BetaWiki
- Rhapsody Developer Release 2 at Nathan's Toasty Technology page
- Rhapsody (operating system) at Wikipedia