The Taptic Engine was released in April 2015 in the MacBook with Retina display and the Apple Watch, followed by the iPhone 6S and 6S Plus in September. The Taptic Engine provides feedback for Force Touch and 3D Touch, later replaced in iPhones by Haptic Touch.
- The science behind Force Touch and the Taptic Engine by Shen Ye, iMore. 2015-04-08.
- Change 3D or Haptic Touch sensitivity on your iPhone, Apple Support. 2021-01-28.
- Taptic Engine at Webopedia
- Taptic Engine at Wikimedia Commons
- iPhone hardware: Taptic Engine at Wikipedia
- Good Vibrations: How Apple Dominates the Touch Feedback Game by Taylor Dixon at iFixit (2019-05-20)
- The History of Apple’s Haptics by Cade Hunter at Medium (2020-06-21)
- Apple file's a Haptic patent related to their Taptic Engine that introduces the use of an "Inductance Sensor" by Jack Purcher at Patently Apple (2021-03-08)