Some editors may have noticed subtle and not-so-subtle changes to the site. We've just made the migration to Fandom's new Unified Community Platform (UCP) and there's no going back. Here's a quick list of the caveats:
- Blogs: The Blog:Recent_posts page here is now broken after the migration to UCP. For reference, here is the Blog:Recent_posts page on the NeXT Wiki, which is working as it was on UCP from the start. Here is Fandom's page regarding the migration of blogs. A workaround is to visit the category for all blog posts (not in chronological order).
- Editing: If you're having trouble with the new UCP source editor's bugginess, lagginess, and broken "Preview" feature, you can enable an older functional editor by going into your preferences, then the Editing tab, then select "Source editor" from the pop-up menu under Editor. Right now, this pop-up menu preference has not yet been synced between UCP and non-UCP sites as it was hastily implemented recently after apoplectic feedback from angry power users, so you may have to reset your preferences when jumping back and forth between UCP and legacy sites, but Fandom claims this is being worked on.
- Image files: Display of recent image and video files have been combined in a Gallery of new files page. If you find the new user interface to be awkward for adding images, here is a link to the classic Special:Upload page.
- Infoboxes: New "portable" infoboxes (which Fandom advised us to migrate to) presently have problems displaying video files (the play button is displayed as a giant standalone image, instead of on the video thumbnail), and wrapping of references. The bug has been reported here and is being worked on. Oddly, legacy infoboxes are not affected.
- Other features: See Dev_Wiki:UCP at the Fandom Developers Wiki to see the status of specific features that have yet to be ported. GlobalEditcount on user pages is one feature that has not been ported and is presently flagged as a "blocked" feature.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.